Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Live Octopi




My Adult class wanted to go out to a meal, and upon the suggestion that I like Sushi, took us to a live fish restaurant. Of course, there are some variations between Sushi you'd expect in Minneapolis, and Sushi you get at a "moa" (Korean for live fish) restaurant. The end result was actually quite delicious, and we got to pallete some uniquely Korean tastes (For those keeping track at home, this was exactly the type of meal that nearly KO'ed my Mom and when we visited for Jeff's wedding in 2003) About 4-6 different types of raw fish, jumbo shrimp, large octopus, some seaweed and sushi wraps and last... Still SQUIRMING small octopus!! It was shocking to see this served on a plate. Of course the dish garnered little reaction (besides the normal reaction when you see a delicious dish) compared to Megan and my amazement. In the end, we ended up giving it a shot, and we decided to take a video. Thanks much to Jay Hyun for the meal, and showing me how to eat it. The videos are in order, first the dish about 30 seconds after being served, still squirming, and second, me taking a bit at a still kicking tentacle!

The SQUIRMING Delight

Now it's my turn...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAVE! I think I almost barfed watching you eat that!! Oh, I would never survive seafood.. never.

never.

Sean said...

I'm going to have some frozen pizza with ranch dressing in order to balance this out.