Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello blogosphere... I just wanted to write a short update on how we spent our Thanksgiving. Last weekend Jeff had a party of about 10-12 over for a Thanksgiving meal. He wisely brought stuffing from home, so we had turkey, stuffing with gravy. It was SOOO good. Megan also made homemade apple pie from scratch! It was great.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day. A few kids knew about the holiday. I had the kids draw the "turkey hands" and passed out stickers from my Mom! They love stickers. I will post some high (and low) lights of the hands. It was bitter sweet to be here, because we got to have great conversations with our families, but it really makes you miss home. There was a small party we got to after work (about midnight!) and stayed until quite late at AJs.

Today I will repeat the hand turkeys, so it should be a fun day overall (and hopefully easy). This weekend there is a big foreigner party over at Rich (a New Zealander, actually!). I will keep you updated.

Happy thanksgiving, and thank you so much to those who emailed, skyped, chatted to us today! Please do it again this weekend!

No comments: